About Me

My photo
Malmesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
I'm Ben Golding, 18, studying at Malmesbury School Sixth Form. I love Film making and I am particularly interested in the way technology is used to create Film. I am also a Muscian who loves playing music and composing. I have created a few films in the past where my main role was editing, which I'm very interested in (see blog), and I also composed some music for it.

Friday 26 February 2010

Sam Taylor-Wood

After viewing Sam Taylor-Wood's 2001 short "Still Life", in which a bowl of fruit decomposes in time-lapse, I was perplexed and slightly repulsed at the sequel "A Little Death" made in 2002. The film features a Rabbit decaying. I suppose everyone's vision of art is different...

(Warning: Not for those with a weak disposition)



Taylor-Wood's big break came in 1994 with her work 'Killing Time' which showed 4 people miming to some Opera. This is an example of expanded Cinema as Taylor-Wood used multiple screens.

More recently, Taylor-Wood was nominated in 2008 to direct 'Nowhere Boy'; a biopic about Beatles singer John Lennon. (Trailer Below)



Taylor-Wood is now engaged to the lead actor in 'Nowhere Boy', Aaron Johnson. An age gap of 23 years seems to be of no concern for either of them however.

No comments:

Post a Comment