About Me

My photo
Malmesbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
I'm Ben Golding, 18, studying at Malmesbury School Sixth Form. I love Film making and I am particularly interested in the way technology is used to create Film. I am also a Muscian who loves playing music and composing. I have created a few films in the past where my main role was editing, which I'm very interested in (see blog), and I also composed some music for it.

Wednesday 15 July 2009

My Interest in Film

If I were from another planet and somebody told me that I could sit down and watch a screen for a couple of hours and feel real emotion for fictitious characters, I'd have thought they were mad. But that is what Film does. It allows me to escape the real world and follow someone else's life; their problems and successes.

Within Film, I particularly enjoy the way that technology is used. I am personally interested in the "behind the scenes" of Movies and the way that it is all put together. In particular, the editorial process.

With the development of technology, films are becoming gradually more realistic; sometimes, frighteningly realistic, especially within the thriller and horror genres.
The development of CGI films is also very exciting. Again, the animation is become very, very realistic, and it can only get better.

I have created a few films with some friends in the past, and I thoroughly enjoyed editing the material into a final product. There is a certain feeling of achievement, to go from an idea on a piece of paper to a visual media that people can enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment